Fall is the time of back to school, the winding down of summer busyness, and cooler nights. It is also the beginning of GALA’s Study Circle Season!!
Study Circles are a great way to come together as a community, in an informal, yet inquisitive, atmosphere to deeply explore issues of social and environmental concern. Topics include:
- Powering a Bright Future
- Hungry for Change: Food, Ethics and Sustainability
- Menu for the Future
- Just Below the Surface: Perspectives on the Gulf Coast Oil Spill
- Global Warming: Changing CO2urse
- A World of Health: Connecting People, Place and Planet
- Sustainable Systems at Work
- Choices for Sustainable Living
- Voluntary Simplicity
- Healthy Children – Healthy Planet
- Discovering a Sense of Place
- Reconnecting with Earth
- For more detailed information on these topics visit: http://www.nwei.org/discussion_courses/course-offerings/course-offerings
Each Study Circle is guided by a course book, a manual for a self-facilitated course experience. Study Circle’s can take place in any natural community space such as your home, your workplace, a place of education, or a center for faith. To learn more about Study Circles, check out this VIDEO.
There is no outside facilitator of these discussion-based courses. Rather, ANYONE can organize a group in their community with the role of facilitator rotating with each meeting!!
If you are interested in facilitating or joining a Study Circle, please call G.A.L.A. at 603.539.6460 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you at the Study Circle!