Step 1 – Site visit
First, let’s meet. Every SAR is specially designed to meet the needs and desires of the recipient. We must take into consideration the property’s topography, sun path, home layout, soil, and water source, as well as the homeowner’s preferences and priorities. So the first step is to invite our “A-Team” over for an initial site visit to explore your best options.
Step 2 – Make a plan
Based on our site visit, we will generate a customized proposal for you with an estimated quote, possible dates for the SAR, and specific eco-amenity designs. From there, you offer feedback, we make a few tweaks accordingly, and we’ve got a plan!
Step 3 – Host the Raiser!
Then comes the grand finale, the day everyone has been waiting for – the Sustain-A-Raiser! This is the day your plan comes to life. You are invited to participate in any way you’re so inspired or able – sometimes that means hammering nails with the rest of us, other times it means making lunch for the crew, and sometimes it’s cheerleading on the sidelines!
There are countless “eco-amenities” that could contribute to a more sustainable lifestyle, but for now we’ve decided to stick to the low-hanging fruit– those options that are simple, affordable, user-friendly, and can have an immediate positive impact. Here’s what we have to offer:
Because we’re a mix of G.A.L.A. volunteers and staff, we don’t charge by the hour for Sustain-A-Raisers. Instead, we have a system of base prices. We’ve created a few payment options to make sure that Sustain-A-Raisers can be both a revenue-generating program for G.A.L.A. and an affordable service for households of all financial means.
With these goals in mind, here are our 5 payment options:
1. Base Price: This is our break even point, covering all materials, as well as an estimate for labor.
2. Pay-it-Forward: If you are inspired and able, we invite you to contribute 20% above the total base price. This money allows us to reach more people, more effectively.
3. Hardship Discount: We also invite anyone to take a Hardship Discount by paying 20% below the base price.
4. Payment Plan: For any of the above options, we are willing to accept a payment plan of up to 4 monthly installments, with no interest.
5. Scholarships: Lastly, thanks to grant funding, we are able to subsidize up to 10 Sustain-A-Raisers per season for income-eligible homes. If you are interested in applying for this, please let us know!